Reenacting is a fun and rewarding hobby. Whether you portray famous historical figures or your own fictional character, reenacting is a form of time travel for those of us who feel they were born in the wrong era. However, reenacting can be overwhelming and very expensive. I hope through this blog to help those new to the hobby, or even those veteran reenactors, to enjoy reenacting without breaking the bank. Blog posts will address things like developing your character, traditions and etiquette for different time periods, and affordable but accurate clothing options. So step back in time to days gone by...

Monday, July 25, 2011

What Do You See?

So what do you see?
I see a bargain!
This lovely dress was a find at Goodwill for $5.99.
But I didn't see a dress.
I saw seven black frog closures, a zipper (well you can't see that because it's on the other side:), and lining for a bodice that is being made.
Yup, this dress resulted in frog closures for future projects. These frog closures sell for about $3.50 each. The zipper sells for a couple of dollars. The fabric for lining the pagoda sleeves of my bodice would have cost a about $5. So for $5.99 I got about $35 in supplies.
The best part is that the money spent on the dress is helping others:).

2 comments:

  1. Yup, the first thing I saw, even before I read through the post, were those wonderful black frog enclosures. How wonderful! I have been considering something like those for my garters too, a new design idea is working its way around up there in my head. I will be anxious to see what you use those frogs for. ~Debby

    ReplyDelete