After two weeks of battling patterns Christine and I finally finished a Victorian suit for my hubby!
He tried it on for the first time today (it was a surprise) and with the exception of needing a nip and tuck to the trousers it fits well!
The pinstripe fabric was $1.50 per yard from Walmart (it took about 10 yards).
Buttons were discounted 40% from Joann's with coupons.
The vest fabric was $4 a yard from Hobby Lobby (the fabric is leftover yardage from a dress I am making).
We used a McCall's pattern for the trousers, Simplicity for the vest, and a Burda pattern for the coat.
The Burda pattern was very difficult to follow but produced a lovely coat.
Leftover fabric was used for the coat lining.
Hubby will look very nice at the next reenactment in his new pin stripe suit with hat, gloves, and tie:).
We literally saved hundreds of dollars making his suit.
It was a lot of hard work but worth it:).