Reenacting is a fun and rewarding hobby. Whether you portray famous historical figures or your own fictional character, reenacting is a form of time travel for those of us who feel they were born in the wrong era. However, reenacting can be overwhelming and very expensive. I hope through this blog to help those new to the hobby, or even those veteran reenactors, to enjoy reenacting without breaking the bank. Blog posts will address things like developing your character, traditions and etiquette for different time periods, and affordable but accurate clothing options. So step back in time to days gone by...

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Scarf It Up!

What do you do with scraps of lace, fringe trim, and lace roses?
Make a scarf!
I realize this is not for reenacting but sometimes it's fun to make something pretty for today's fashions:).
The rosettes are made from lace scraps and some of the discarded beading.
The entire project took about an hour and cost less than $10.

6 comments:

  1. Love it.I have been colecting lace table cloths and doileys for eventual projects but this will be a fun and easy one to do.Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. How stunning!! You know how much I love lace, and rosettes, so this scarf would be just my cup of tea. I think I might have some old things tucked away that would make up into a nice scarf like this one. Love love love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kim,

    This is such a fun blog here!!!! AND I am so thrilled for you that you are writing this NOVEL!!!! I was just at a writer's group last night with different people who are writing poems, novels and all sorts of fun things. I write but I don't have much to show because of my full-time job that leaves me little time to write seriously. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS IN COMING BACK and I wish you SO MUCH FUN AND SUCCESS!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim,

    I love your sweet scarf you made and even so much better that you can use scraps of lace and fabric, that you already have.

    Hope that you are enjoying your week
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete